Click here to download the Membership Application or
access on the National Website to complete online.
Benefits of NASW-LA Membership
Be a part of the largest organization of professional social workers in the United States. We have over 130,000 members in the U.S. - Louisiana has over 1,400 members. When you join the National Organization you are automatically in the state and local chapters. Other associations make you join each individually.
- Since we are accessible on more of a local level, there are greater opportunities to attend educational and networking meetings and conferences.
- Louisiana’s annual conference is one of the largest in the country.
- NASW-LA works diligently to provide high professional standards in Continuing Education offerings that are approved and available around the state.
- Many opportunities to enhance your professional and leadership skills through active involvement on the regional, state and national level.
- Great way to build your network of colleagues and friends.
- NASW gets involved in legislative issues that affect members and populations that we serve. We also have PACE (Political Action Candidate Election) to help elect individuals to political office who have values compatible with the social work profession.
- NASW has liability insurance that can cover you if there should ever be a time that a client may file a grievance. Other insurance offered includes group term life, long-term liability, hospital daily cash, and accidental death & dismemberment.
- We have a NASW Joblink which assists you in developing your career and employment opportunities.
- We offer state and national newsletters to keep you abreast of the latest news.
- NASW has a quarterly professional journal. Have your research published . . .
- Plus, for members only, NASW offers many discounts and services, such as workshops and annual conference, car rental, hotel, credit cards, etc.